Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin. Brussels Sprouts are one of our favorite veggies, in spite of the fact that they don't have the best reputation. We typically chalk up people's distaste for. This stuff is creamy and cheesy AND topped with bacon??
They are baked in cream and cheese sauce until hot and Not only are brussel sprouts packed with fiber, but this cheesy brussel sprouts recipe is low carb and keto friendly! Feel free to add bits of bacon, sliced. These Brussels sprouts are roasted with bacon for half of their cooking time, then tossed in cream, covered in a bread crumb and Parmesan topping and baked One year ago: Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyère Two years ago: Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe Three years ago: Cheddar and Chiles Bread. You can cook Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved.
- Prepare 8 oz of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fontina cheese, grated, optional.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, optional.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Brussels sprouts are smothered and covered in bacon and cream, then baked to perfection. Brussels Sprouts Gratin are roasted until crisp, then topped with a light cheese sauce made with Gruyere and Parmesan – the perfect Holiday dish! Keywords: Best Brussels Sprouts recipe, Brussel Sprouts, Brussel Sprouts Gratin, Brussels Sprouts Gratin, Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Bacon, cheese and Brussels Sprouts all baked in a creamy sauce.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts Gratin instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F..
- Place brussel sprouts in a baking dish and toss in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses..
- Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 of the bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon..
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set..
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving..
Very easy recipe and of course absolutely delicious! When it comes to choosing your side dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas, Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Gratin is simply a MUST! I think I say this every year. But everyone else seems to love them and want them on their holiday table. Introducing the richest, most decadent recipe involving the lowly Brussels sprout: a bacon-studded gratin bathed in Gruyère cheese sauce.Meat Lovers