Lemon Chicken Soup.
You can have Lemon Chicken Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Carrots.
- Prepare 2 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic minced.
- It’s 2 of Celery Stalks.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion minced.
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach/Kale or Cooking Greens chopped and deveined.
- You need 2 of 32 Ounce Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 medium of Lemons.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 cup of Uncooked small grain pasta.
Lemon Chicken Soup step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces zest one lemon, then juice. Marinate Chicken pieces in Zest and fresh lemon juice for at least 30 minutes..
- Cook Minced celery, onions, carrots in olive oil plus 1 teaspoon of butter until translucent then add minced garlic, oregano, thyme, bay leaf. If using Cooking Greens add now.. if spinach add when soup is done. Add the 2 containers of broth bring to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pan sear marinate chicken pieces in olive oil plus one teaspoon butter. DO NOT COOK ALL THE WAY THROUGH. Add to soup mixture include the olive oil and butter the chicken was cooked in..
- After adding chicken simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Zest lemon add to soup and slice the lemon into thin slices. Cook the pasta till al dente. ( I DO NOT ADD TO SOUP I like to keep it seperate) Put pasta in bowl add soup and then serve with fresh lemon slices..